The Fit-N-Wise Speech Therapy program offers a variety of treatments for a number of communication, feeding, speech and swallowing conditions. Our experienced team of therapists provides a wide range of services, including advanced techniques, such as endoscopic swallowing evaluations (FEES), high-resolution pharyngeal manometry, modified barium swallow studies (MBS), and neuromuscular electrical stimulation via VitalStim Therapy.
Contact Fit-N-Wise Speech TherapyPlease contact us for more information about our Speech Therapy program.
Fax (Referrals): (940)-393-0510
Conditions TreatedTherapy treats the following diagnoses:
- Articulation Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dysphagia – swallowing deficits
- Cognitive Decline
- Developmental Delay
- Developmental Language Delays
- Feeding Disorders
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Speech, Language and Literacy Disorders
- Voice Disorders
Our ServicesSpeech Therapy provides the following services:
- Articulation Training
- Swallow Examinations
- Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Vocal Limitations
- Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Language (Receptive and Expressive)
- Literacy Impairments
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation – VitalStim Therapy
- Beckman Oral Motor® Training
- LSVT LOUD™
Modified Barium Swallow StudyIf you are being treated for a swallowing disorder, your therapist may recommend that you have a modified barium swallow study (MBS), a moving x-ray that determines how well you are able to swallow. This test is done under the supervision of a radiologist and a speech language pathologist and examines the entire swallowing process – from your mouth through the esophagus.
LSVT LOUD™LSVT LOUD™ is a treatment that has been proven effective for individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and other neurological conditions for improvements in voice and swallowing function. LSVT LOUD™ is a 16-session program that focuses on improving vocal loudness by stimulating the muscles of the voice box (larynx) and speech mechanism through a systematic hierarchy of exercises. Therapists must complete a certification course in order to provide LSVT LOUD™ treatment. In addition to stimulating the motor system, the program also incorporates sensory awareness training to help patients recognize that their voice is too soft. Patients have also reported improvement with swallowing function. Fit-N-Wise Speech Therapy is the only provider of LSVT LOUD™ treatment in Wise County.
What Conditions can LSVT LOUD™ treat?LSVT LOUD™ has been proven as an effective treatment for the following conditions:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Sub-types of Parkinson’s Disease, including:
- Shy-Drager Syndrome
- Multi-System Atrophy
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- 90% of patients improve vocal loudness from pre to post-treatment.
- Approximately 80% of patients maintain treatment improvements in their voice for 12-24 months post-treatment.
- ALL patients report improvement in their ability to communicate.