As part of Fit-N-Wise’s commitment to the health and wellness of our community, our occupational health program provides services to help patients resume daily life activities, at work and at home. Occupational therapy enables people of all ages and abilities to engage in activities that are meaningful to their lives. Our focus is on returning patients to their highest functioning level possible.
Contact Fit-N-Wise Occupational TherapyPlease contact us for more information about our Occupational Therapy program.
Fax (Referrals): (940)-393-0510
- Arthritis/Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Muscle Sprain/Strains
- Nerve Injuries/Neuropathy
- Tendon Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Work Related Trauma/Crush Injuries
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Mulitple Sclerosis
- Strengthening and Stretching
- Manual Therapy and Modalities: Heat, ice, ultrasound, etc
- Orthosis (Splint) Fabrication
- Customized Exercise Plans
- Infection Prevention Education
- Instructions on Home Exercise Program
- Comprehensive Evaluations
- ADL (Activities of Daily Living) and Self-Care Training
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Fine Motor/Handwriting Skill Development
- Strengthening and Conditioning Exercise
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Fabrication of Customized Orthoses
- Adaptive Equipment Consultation
- Application of Treatment Modalities and Manual Therapy
- Sensory Re-Education
- Visual Perceptual Training
- Patient/Family Education
- Lymphedema Therapy (services are offered by OT/Certified Lymphedema Therapist)
Certifications and Specialized Services Offered by our Occupational Therapists:
- Hand therapy is provided by our Certified Hand Therapists (CHTs) who, through advanced study and experience, specialize in treating patients with challenging conditions affecting the hand and upper extremity (e.g. tendon repairs, nerve injuries, etc).
- Lymphedema therapy is offered by our Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT), who utilizes special massage techniques, customized exercises, and compression therapy to remove abnormal swelling and improve function.
- Assistive technology services are offered by our Assistive Technology Professional (ATP}, who analyzes the needs of adults and children with disabilities, assists in the selection of appropriate assistive technology for consumers’ needs, and provides training in the use of selected devices.
- LSVT BIG therapy is provided by our certified Occupational Therapist in this dynamic treatment program.